Recovery Specialists are committed to mental health recovery and engages with our participants to develop individual recovery plans that reflect a person-centered plan. The primary purpose is to assist individuals recover from the disabling effects of mental illness through the coordination of rehabilitation, treatment and support services that are participant focused and goal oriented.
The mission of East Village Access is to provide empowering opportunities to people with psychiatric disabilities to realize their goals, build relationships and work towards self-sufficiency. All program services are intended to assist participants realize their full potential and embrace broader opportunities in the greater community.
Position Location: Manhattan - 242 East 2nd Street
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $24.04 / Hour
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental, and life insurance plans
- 403b contribution
- Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and TransitChek)
- College savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program'
- Three weeks ( ) of vacation
- Five personal days
- 12 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance
- Summer Flex Hours
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with intake and screening of new referrals/participants including recommendation for admission.
- Assist with admission, referral and discharge of participants.
- Provide evidence-based practice services including:
- Wellness Self-Management (WSM)
- Co-occurring Disorders (COD/FIT) treatment
- Family Psychoeducation,
- Participate in external workgroups as needed
- Provide crisis intervention services and recommendations for treatment
- Develop, modify and deliver curriculum for rehabilitation-based classes.
- Facilitate rehabilitation-oriented services, meetings, groups, and other activities
- Teach skills, provide information and assist participants with resource acquisition related to housing, social, education, employment and other key life domain goals.
- Utilize person centered planning principles and techniques.
- Develop, update and maintain participants' Individual Recovery Plans (IRP).
- Maintain thorough and timely documentation/charting and adequate authorization records consistent with billing, regulatory, policy and contractual requirements
- Provide holiday, evening and weekend coverage, as required.
- MSW or LMSW (Licensed in New York State), preferred
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a clinical or rehabilitation mental health setting.
- Skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have an assertive approach to problem solving.
- Available to work on Saturdays and holidays, occasionally.