- The Cedar Ave Housing Program, located in Morris Heights is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist. The Front Desk receptionist is responsible for monitoring the safety of the tenants and will provide support in a professional and courteous manner to our guests and staff.
- A 105-unit mixed tenancy development is an innovative public-private model that provides supportive housing for low-income Families and individuals with psychiatric disabilities.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Polite Avenue - Foxhurts
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental, and life insurance plans
- 403b contribution
- Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and Transi-tChek)
- College savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program'
- Three weeks ( ) of vacation
- Five personal days
- 12 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance
- Summer Flex Hours
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to tenants, listen to their concerns, and direct them to their service coordinators.
- Monitor the safety and security of building and its tenants and report any problems or needs.
- Monitor and ensure consistent and proper application of agency's visitor identification policy.
- Monitor and report to program staff any problems caused by tenants who do not observe house rules.
- Observe and, using the desk log, record conditions including potential problems in the building every two hours during the shift or more often if conditions require.
- Answer phones, take messages, and provide routine information about Community Access and the Supportive Housing Program.
- Prepare work orders for repair and maintenance problems reported by tenants or observed during shift.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Have an understanding, appreciation, and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Community Access.
- Commitment to recovery-oriented practice.
- Ability to interact with people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience in customer service, preferred.
- Be creative and flexible.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, as related to position.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).