Community Access expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination through affordable housing, training, advocacy, and healing-focused services. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives.
The Entry-Level Case Manager (Service Coordinator) provides supportive services to assigned program participants in a housing setting. The type of support includes assisting with defining personal, vocational, and educational goals and using a person-centered / Harm Reduction model that supports individuals in their recovery, hopes, and opportunities.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Bronx - Manhattan - Brooklyn
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/EntryLevelCaseManager
Essential Job Functions
- Provide recovery-oriented support services and outreach to assigned program participants.
- Utilize harm reduction strategies when working with individuals experiencing drug and/or alcohol-related problems.
- Develop and assist in implementing service plans determined by goals of program participants, including reviewing service plans with program participants, identifying progress, and revising the plan as needed.
- Assist program participants in advocating for quality care received from external service providers, including educating providers on special issues.
- Provide support and training on skills-building, including but not limited to assertiveness, self-advocacy, socialization, and housekeeping.
- Provide holiday, evening, and weekend coverage, as necessary.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) - Bachelor's degree, preferred. Commitment to recovery-oriented practice.
- Have an understanding, appreciation, and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Community Access.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the Office of Mental Health (OMH).
- Be skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have an assertive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be creative and flexible
- Three weeks of vacation, five personal days, 12 sick days, 10 paid holidays
- Travel Reimbursement
- College savings planPre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and TransitChek)
- 403b contribution; life insurance
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans; Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Flex Hours
- Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance