The mission of East Village Access is to provide empowering opportunities to people with psychiatric disabilities to realize their goals, build relationships and work towards self-sufficiency. East Village Access recognizes that each member has specific talents, skills and abilities. All program services are intended to assist participants realize their full potential and embrace broader opportunities in the greater community.
The purpose of the program is to assist individuals recovering from the disabling effects of mental illness through the coordination of rehabilitation, treatment and support services that are participant focused and goal oriented. Guided by an understanding of the agency's philosophy, the PROS program approach, and by the agency's standards for management performance, the Director is responsible for the general oversight and administration of East Village Access. The Director has final oversight of OMH licensure, Medicaid compliance and quality assurance. The Director is responsible for projecting a positive image of the employees, participants, and agency to the public, participants, other agencies, families and Board of Directors. All job duties must be performed in a manner promoting empowerment, recovery and a team approach.
Position Type: Full Time (Available to work on Saturdays and holidays)
Position Salary: Negotiable (Based on Experience)
Position Location: 242 East 2nd Street New York, NY, 10009
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises participant use of services including assignment to staff, assessment, intake and admission, referral and discharge to services that provide optimal support and treatment.
- Recruits, directs, and provides guidance and supervision to assigned staff so that program goals are communicated effectively and job performance is continuously and formally evaluated.
- Facilitates the identification, creation and development of services and activities to meet the needs of participants.
- Ensures management of appropriate staff coverage per regulatory requirements and specific service delivery needs (e.g. clinical and intensive rehabilitative).
- Promotes the integration of clinical and rehabilitation service delivery by nurturing a team approach and facilitating the collaboration of medical and non-medical staff.
- Markets services in order to ensure adequate utilization and fiscal viability.
- Assists with creating and amending policies, procedures, and operational guidelines.
- Conducts Quality Assurance, Utilization Review and program evaluation to guide strategic planning and development.
- Collaborates with community based programs and clinical providers to ensure coordinated services to individuals and families and address needs identified in participant-plans;
- Ensures that the program meets all regulatory requirements, operates within the agency's Medicaid Compliance Program and any contract requirements with DOHMH and other funding entities.
- Manages crisis intervention and emergencies.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of Medicaid and other billing.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of reports and other documents to meet funding, contracting and agency requirements.
- Assists with writing and submission of proposals for funding
- Licensed Master's in social work; LMSW/LCSW
- Minimum of five years of experience in mental health, with some clinical experience, preferred.
- Minimum of five years of administrative and/or supervisory experience, preferred.
- In depth understanding of PROS Regulations
- Commitment to recovery-oriented practice.
- Resourcefulness and a good sense of humor a must.
- Be skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have an assertive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Three weeks of vacation, five personal days, 12 sick days, 10 paid holidays
- Travel Reimbursement
- College savings plan Pre-tax savings plan (including Flexible Spending Accounts and TransitChek)
- 403b contribution; life insurance
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans; Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Flex Hours
- Paid Family Leave; Short-Term Disability insurance